Trainee Surveyor (Portsmouth)
£24,000 - £28,000 per year
Are you an experienced in COSS/Track worker who is looking for the opportunity to train up in Surveying? You will be part of a 5-Billion-pound track renewals program based in the South of England?
Ford & Stanley – The Engineering Recruitment Specialists are working with a main contractor and supplier into Network Rail, who offer a cradle to grave service from design, surveying, installation, to maintenance for major infrastructure rail projects in the UK. They are looking to increase their survey team to support with servicing this contract win, which will be keeping the team busy for up to the next 10 years. Our client requires some hard-working, self-motivated individuals/additions to their current team in order to ensure delivery is completed to the necessary timescales, budgets, and quality, based on the client's expectations.
Portsmouth, Southhampton, Winchester, Basingstoke, Littlehampton
About the role
- Support the Project Manager - Surveying as directed in the undertaking of complex site surveys
- Be able to determine the most appropriate manner of the survey in the planning and execution of surveys.
- Complete and deliver land, overhead line, railway and gauging surveys
- Establish calibration and maintenance regimes for all survey equipment
- Establish survey monitoring regimes
- Carry out setting out an activity in accordance with design drawings and scheme plans
- Lead and coach Engineering Surveyors in all site surveys
- At least 2 years’ experience working on track
- COSS Qualification
Trackman, Team leader, Track worker, Trainee Surveyor, Ganger, Supervisor.
- £25,000 - £35,000