Senior Planner/Manager (Birmingham)
£60,000 - £80,000
Are you an experienced P6 Planner with a background in rail, looking to join one of the UK’s most successful independent consultancies?
Ford and Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Specialists are working with an independent rail consultancy, with their head office in the heart of Birmingham. My client has made a serious name for themselves within the industry due to their unique approach of project managing infrastructure projects from cradle to grave. They now seek a Senior Planner / Manager to join the team to take up a leadership position in the planning team. This position is paramount to the success of the company and without successfully finding the ideal candidate poses a risk for projects to fall short of their deadline.
The purpose of the job
- Team leadership and development of the planning functional team.
- Set out, monitor, maintain and update the project plan/programme in coordination with all stakeholders of the project. Provide information to the Project Management and Design Management teams on project progress to both critical path and project milestones.
- Work closely with the Project Services team in monitoring programmes.
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including programme requirements as part of tender/contract preparation, reviewing of tender progress and monitoring programmes once awarded
- A team player with the confidence and initiative to work alone when necessary, clearly communicates, who has the ability work under pressure and manage priorities set.
- Develop comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes, incorporating resource and skills planning, materials planning, cost estimating and reporting.
- Prepare and maintain risk and mitigation plans to manage critical issues and problems.
- Lead, develop and grow the rail planning capability and client offering.
- Responsible for creating large project schedules ensuring quality, logic, clarity and accuracy from various sources.
- Support the use/integration of project and contract management systems into the daily operation of the business.
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including programme requirements as part of tender/contract preparation, reviewing of tender progress and monitoring programmes once awarded.
- Perform project progress monitoring duties including identifying critical path activities and reviewing forecasts with progress achieved to date. 6. Engage with others cross-business to develop our client offering.
- Assist the Project Manager with evaluating schedule impacts arising from sourcing decisions.
- Provide relevant reports and planning support to both project team members and management to ensure the team has all the tools required to make the right decisions to execute the project and meet all established project deadlines.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to all team members on a regular basis, and those non-team members that support planning as a function.
- Regularly keep management and stakeholders informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects.
- Raise the standard of planning, implementing consistency and best practices.
Likely job titles
P6 Planner, Rail Planner, Forensic Planner, P6 specialist, Primavera Planner, Project Planner
- £45,000 +