£30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced technical trainer? Hold an industry recognised teaching qualification? Passionate about innovated technology and want the chance to learn and train users of the next generation of train signalling systems? That will see more reliability and more trains on the UK Network.
Ford & Stanley the Rail Specialist are looking to recruit a technical trainer to join their client's team based in Derby. Working as part of the Training team, you will be responsible for the creation and delivering of training to Customers across the UK and helping to develop internal training programmes.
The Trainer role is responsible for designing, developing and facilitating training in line with the business’ training requirements. The role will also be focused on evaluating and implementing the training solutions to drive a culture of continuous development and improvement of the workforce. This role is based in Derby but frequent national travel will be required, and more specifically regular travel to London.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Gathering data and providing technical advice and support to the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation (ADDIE) of training material
- Providing railway systems technical training subject matter expertise to the customer based on existing or personally researched material
- Ensuring technical accuracy and completion of training including post evaluation as part of the quality review and improvement cycle
- Providing consultation to various business units on training matters
- Interfacing with other key senior stakeholders around the business to provide railway technical subject matter expertise and to recommend training solutions
- Coaching and developing others
- Supporting the continuous development and improvement of the workforce
- Support, promote and enforce company processes, demonstrating managerial behaviours and values
- Will Hold one of the following training qualifications
- Preparing to Train in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS);
- NVQ Level 3 in Training and Development;
- NVQ Level 3 in Learning and Development;
- NVQ Level 3 in Direct Training;
- CIPD Certificate in Training Practice;
- City & Guilds Further and Adult Education Certificate - C&G 7301/7306;
- Employment National Training Organization ‘L’ Units L9, L10, L11 and L13;
- Training Delivery for Adult Learners (e.g. C&G 7331, Method of Instruction, European, Armed Forces or Civil Service trainer training or Network Rail approved train the trainer).
- 3- 5 years industry experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of systems/Software
- Possess a Can-do attitude and is able to adapt to quickly shifting priorities
- Strong communication skills
- £35,000 - £45,000