Training & Competency Manager (Newport)
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Rolling Stock Training & Competency Manager to join a leading global Rolling Stock Manufacturing company based in Newport, Wales.
This is an opportunity to work for a company who have become international market leaders in the design, manufacture, maintenance and supply of equipment and components for rail systems. The Company has a significant presence throughout the UK and in 2018 have built a new start-of-the-art Rolling Stock assembly hub in Newport (Wales).
With this site still in its infancy this is the perfect opportunity for you to join this business and utilise your vast experience and knowledge. You will be the subject matter expert responsible for delivering best in class training and certification of competence within a railway engineering environment. You will strive to promote safety, whilst ensuring compliance in accordance with railway industry codes of practice, policies, ensuring company performance requirements are met.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- The main function of this role is reporting to the HR/Training & Competency department to provide a training and assessment service that will ensure that my clients staff are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities. In the Manufacture, Testing/Commissioning and Maintenance aspect of our train delivery service in accordance with company and industry standards.
- Using best practice methodologies, deliver training and competency assessments ensuring co-ordination and implementation of regulatory certification of competence and relevant Company standards, external accreditation standards, industry codes of practice, strategies and policies significant to the safe use, operation, assembly and maintenance of rolling stock.
- Carry out a risk-based training needs analysis based on business needs, statutory requirements and succession planning for all staff.
- Help deliver continuous improvement in all áreas, evaluating training delivery and appraisal programmes and applying lean methodologies to ensure successful outcomes.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced rolling Stock, freight or on track machine Trainer and/or Assessor who can join the company and hit the ground running. You will have had experience in managing the learning, development and competency of staff to ensure that safety is paramount to all activities.
- Mechanical or Electrical Apprenticeship or equivalent
- City & Guilds Trainer qualification or equivalent.
- City & Guilds A1 Assessor qualification or equivalent.
- Significant working experience in a similar level role in a rail engineering environment with an excellent knowledge of Testing or Maintenance activities.
- IOSH Working safely qualification
- Knowledge of rail industry standards including RS100
Other job titles
On track machine trainer/Assessor, On track machine engineering competency manager, Rolling stock trainer/assessor, Track Safety trainer/Assessor, – Freight maintenance trainer/Assessor, Freight engineering competency manager, Training & Competence Coordinatoraa