Weights Management Engineer (Derby)
Ford & Stanley Interim - The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Weights Management Engineer to focus on supporting our customers change control activities in the Mass Properties Department for a global Rail organisation based in Derby.
Our client will also consider a permanent appointment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the customer in change control activities of Mass Properties Department.
- Assist in carrying out Mass Properties Calculation and Vehicle Weight Optimization including the Test & Validation, Weighing of the train.
- Support in the assessment of problem reports and change requests created in PDM metaphase from design and configuration point of view.
- Prepare work packages to execute the change based on decisions made with the customer.
- Co-ordinate with the team for task execution.
- Ensuring all stakeholders are aware and agreed on the scope of changes.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B. Tech: equivalent to BS/ Diploma) in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-8 years of experience in Hand Calculations.
- Hands-on experience in handling the Weights Management task, including preparation of various reports, testing, weighing of the train.
- Be able to work independently, in reviewing the CDRLs related to Weights department.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Catia, PDM, and VPM is required.
- A desire for continuous education and training effort.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within and outside of the engineering organization.