CNC Operator (Sheffield)
£24,000 - £26,000 per annum
Areas Considered: Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Chesterfield
Role and Responsibilities:
- Operator must be able to identify the appropriate rail sections and grades of material
- Follow the instructions on the route card and reading of drawings.
- Able to demonstrate how to use measuring equipment correctly and accurately.
- Identify\load the correct tools for the Job and change their inserts.
- Be competent to use DTI clock for probing\setting up job. Setup whole range of jobs required on machine.
- Trained in the use of overhead cranes – training will be provided.
- Load\unload rails to machine using internal cranes as well as with the help of side loader. Tandem lifting and banksman duties as and when required.
- Load\backup\edit programs
- Competent in the use of Grinders, Dynofile and other power tools along with Templates\ gauges
- Ensure the machine is programmed with the correct data for the process required for each rail.
- Work in harmony with others in team.
- Train new operatives when required.
- Ensure that safety requirements are met and work in accordance with the company’s procedures and legislation. Wearing of correct PPE, House keeping etc.
- Reporting of accidents and ''near miss'' incidents in accordance with procedures.
- Communicate with the second shift via the shift log book and at shift changeover.
- Ensure quality standards are met and improved on wherever possible
- Previous experience should include manufacturing industry, preferably in a medium to heavy environment
- CNC Operator Experience, with some programming knowledge
- Awareness of safety legislation and quality procedures (ISO 9001)
Closing Date: 26/07/2018
- £25,000 - £35,000