Diesel Fitter - Locomotives-Mechanical or Electrical (Leeds)
£32,566 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to work within an exciting company within the rail industry? We have a need for Diesel Fitters/Mechanics in Leeds.
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the Technical Recruitment Experts are aiding the recruitment of a Locomotive Diesel Fitter who will be working on class 66 locomotives.
Leeds, Doncaster, Bradford, Huddersfield, Harrogate
Role and Responsibilities
- Adhere to health and safety and local safety policy requirements, and other safety and technical standards. Comply with all instructions, rules and regulations in force.
- Maintain, service, fault find and repair locomotives in accordance with the approved maintenance plans as required by the local manager.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork for examinations and repairs is correctly completed on time and to required company standards.
- Ensure that materials issued to locomotives and wagons are recorded and reported accurately.
- Take due care and attention to all tools and instrumentation used.
- Participate in all relevant training and competency assessment that the post holder is nominated for.
- Repair and commission all plant and equipment as required from time to time.
- Assist in the upkeep of maintenance vehicle history files either electronically or hard copies.
- Assist Team Leaders (under their direction) as required during maintenance and repair of Locomotives.
- Attend safety/quality and technical briefings as required.
- Be prepared to work in the areas of necessity to alleviate pressure, under the guidance of suitably qualified staff.
- Undertake general duties relative to cleanliness of workshop areas, mess room, toilets etc. as required.
- Assist as required by your immediate line manager.
- Rolling stock/Heavy plant/diesel engineering experience
- Good mechanical or hands on electrical engineering skills
- Responsible, methodical and good attention to detail
- Good team player with a can-do attitude
- Qualified or time-served diesel fitter
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in engineering discipline
Possible job titles
Locomotive fitter, Locomotive Technician, Rolling Stock Engineer, Plant Engineer, Plant Mechanic, Heavy plant technician, bus mechanic, HGV mechanic, bus engineer, HGV engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000