Electrician - Rolling Stock (Cardiff)
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Are you an experienced electrician interesting in working for a company with many exciting projects in their pipeline? This organisation are experts in overhaul and accident repair in passenger vehicles with over two decades of experience in this sector. This partner has a permanent position for an Electrician. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who wants to expand or continue their career in the versatile and exciting rolling stock industry.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of an Electrician who can maintain, repair and modify electrics on rolling stock as required.
Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, Barry
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain, repair, and modify rolling stock as required.
- Undertake all types of electrical and mechanical modification work, repair and fault finding on rolling stock.
- Ensure site electrical maintenance is carried out in accordance with relevant safety regulations.
- Participate as and when required in team and one-to-one meetings, and undertake, as appropriate, courses/training/other developmental activities, relevant to the role.
- Keep up to date with developments within the Company and other sector wide practices, that influence the day-to-day activities within the role, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and any other relevant internal/external factors e.g. Company policies and procedures, health and safety, quality standards.
- Demonstrate commitment to the aims and objectives of the Company and the implementation of its Equal Opportunities policy in the workplace.
- Effective communication (written or verbal) and interpersonal skills required
- Electrical installation work experience in a similar heavy engineering environment.
- Previous experience of working on both modern and older rolling stock systems.
- Experience on CNC machines.
- The ability to follow VMI's and technical drawings.
- The ability to fault find/test.
- The ability to work to tight tolerances and specific time scales.
- Previous experience of carrying out electrical installation work in a safety critical environment.
- A self-starter, able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively as part of team and with others across the Company.
- Ability to write both clearly and concisely in a variety of formats e.g. using word, email.
- Able to plan and perform highly precise measurements and inspections to assure compliance to relevant standards and other customer requirements.
- Able to work flexibly.
Possible job titles
Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Technician, Rolling Stock Electrician
- £25,000 - £35,000