Engineering Team Leader (Stoke-on-Trent)
£30,000 - £31,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Team Leader interesting in working for one of the most successful companies in the rolling stock sector? One of our major partners have a permanent position for an Engineering Team Leader. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who wants to expand or continue their career in the versatile and exciting rolling stock industry.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of an Engineering Team Leader working with fitters, welders, technicians and production operatives.
Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Stafford, Shrewsbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and write reports as required.
- Coordinate attend and lead team meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the production of high-quality product and zero defects
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Measure team performance and undertake performance management as required
- Responsible for delivering regular ‘toolbox talks’
- Responsible for future recruitment and selection requirements for team.
- Liaise with peers regarding resourcing, team issues.
- Deputise for the Production Supervisor during times of annual leave, absence.
- Ensure that competence levels are maintained and attend any training courses required to maintain and improve delivery standards.
- Work closely with Management team to ensure maximum operational effectiveness and minimum downtime.
- Plan and distribute current workload in the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Resource planning – annual leave, training, sickness absence.
- Keep in regular communication with Production Supervisor regarding performance/ output against target.
- Plan the timely delivery of work in line with QHSE and quality assurance requirements.
- Develop the work area to maximize safety and efficiency
- Responsible for risk assessments in their area
- Responsible for the day to day line management of Fitter/ Welders and Apprentices in your team.
- Coach, mentor and lead your team creating a culture of continuous improvement to increase efficiency.
- Responsible for conducting appraisals with all team members in a timely manner, ensuring that goals and objectives are set in line with the business plan and training identified to maintain/ enhance competence.
- Deal with all personnel issues in the first instance, reporting any absences to the Production Supervisor and plan for absences due to annual leave, training sickness absence.
- Ensure that Apprentices are continuing to develop and meet the requirements of the programme
- Clear leadership skills
- Supervisor/ Manager potential
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Technical & physical competency to carry out the work
- Able to inspect the work of the team for quality assurance purposes.
- Focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be a self- starter in order to achieve tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction for others.
- Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
- Work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality.
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving and come up with well thought through practical solutions.
- Lead, encourage, train and support others in order for them to meet their objectives.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
ONC, HNC or BTEC in Electrical Engineering or Apprenticeship or equivalent.
Possible job titles
Team Leader, Supervisor, Engineering Manager, Engineering Supervisor
- £25,000 - £35,000