£21 per hour plus overtime
Exam Tech (Locomotives) - £21 p/h LTD - 6 Month Contract (rolling contract)- Leicester/Loughborugh/Coalville - Fantastic Opportunity within the Rolling Stock Sector, Permanent Opportunity for the right Candidate
Are you an Exam Tech who has experience in the engineering, Locomotive or rolling stock sector?
Would you love to be part of a small team where your ideas and opinions matter?
Are you looking to utilise the skills and knowledge you have gained and be able to use your own initiative?
Do you have a strong background within rolling stock or similar industry?
Talentwise at Ford & Stanley the Technical Recruitment Specialists are looking for an experienced Exam Technician to become part of a growing Locomotive company.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join a company who are subject matter experts in the Locomotive industry. You will be part of a small team that cover all aspects of the maintenance and repair of Loco's.
Role and Responsibilities
You will undertake the following(but not limited to) task
A exams on the locomotives- including:
- Engine running checks
- Engine governor Oil checks
- Hydrostatic system oil checks
- Air system
- Brake gear checks
- Hoses and coupling checks
- Buffer visual checks
- Wheels & tyre checks and AWS/TPWS checks
- Duration of contract 6 months (rolling contract depending on standard)
- Shift pattern – 12 hour shifts (07:00AM to 19:00PM or 19:00PM to 07:00AM - Subject to flexibility)
- £21.00 p/hour
- Overtime available at base rate
- You will be carrying out A exam work
- The classes you will be working on are 56's, 37's, 47's.
- Permanent opportunity for the right candidate
- Experience is the largest asset here as you will be working on the systems either in a pair or on your own.
- You must have a keen eye for detail and have pride in your work.
- If you enjoy having responsibility and ownership of the work you do then this is for you!
- Be flexible on working different shifts (nights or days).
- Exam work experience.
- Be able to work on your own initiative.
- NVQ 3 in mechanical discipline.
- Experience working on rolling stock or transferable trade such as ex-forces.
- Multi-skilled Engineer.
- Rolling stock experience.
This is a fast moving position which will be looking for interviews as early as week commencing 02/07/18 and starting ASAP for the right candidate.
Likely Job Titles:
Electrical and Mechanical Technician, Rolling Stock Technician, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Exam Tech, Exam Technician
Loughborough, Coalville, Nottingham, Peterborough, Derby, Coventry, Rugby, Birmingham