Flight Engineer - Signalling (Cardiff)
£51,500 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to progress in your career within an exciting company? We have a need for a Flight Engineer in Cardiff.
This isn’t a Flight Engineer in a traditional sense, but it does derive it’s name from the reliable engineer who would sit in a planes cockpit and ensure the aeroplane was running smoothly, Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of signalling engineer, with supervisory or team leading experience who is looking to take a step forward in their career.
Newport, Swansea, Port Talbot, Bristol, Cardiff
Role and Responsibilities
- Receive fault information
- Direct and coordinate maintenance staff
- Interrogate and monitor signal systems, alarms + alerts
- Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements for staff under your control including Contractors.
- Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other relevant instructions.
- Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with all relevant standards
- Undertake work within your competence both within and external to the signal control centre, this will include covering staffing shortfalls within maintenance teams
- Check that the staff under your control have the appropriate and valid competencies including contractors
- Oversee and supervise as required specialist contractors working within the CVLICC
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Monitor information arising from remote condition monitoring equipment and liaise as required with Control staff, Signallers/Workstation Operatives, Section Managers and Engineers on fault analysis, response and prioritisation of entry into fault management systems.
- Good understanding of electrical principle
- Team Player
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate staff
- Knowledge of railway signalling (5-10 years)
- Signalling maintenance or testing background
Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
Possible job titles
Signal engineer, Signal Technician, Signal testing engineer, Control Centre Technician
- £45,000 +