HSE Standards Coordinator (Loughborough)
Ford & Stanley Interim- The Recruitment Experts are recruiting a HSE Standards Coordinator for a world-renowned certification body who accredit some of the biggest brands in the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the health and safety team to support a world-renowned certification body to ensure the highest operating standards are implemented, developed and enhanced inline with business and company values. This contract will run till the end of 2019- potential extension beyond this point.
- Day to day development of the Health & Safety strategy and procedure whilst also providing technical support and advice at all levels
- Ensure KPI measures are met
- Support the development of the team through effective training
- Lead the delivery of the risk assessment programme writing SSW as necessary
- Promote a culture that ensures continuous improvement
- Drive effective strategies, plans and processes that work towards the achievement of the long-term Health & Safety objectives
- Working closely with senior management, continue our efforts to extend current proactive behaviours towards identifying, managing and minimising risk across our business
- Analyse accident & near miss data – produce trends & reports
- Track progress of Concern & Corrective Action Reports, ensuring containment actions remain in place
- Office Based with 70% attendance on the shop floor, required to attend other sites as required
This position requires the individual to ensure the highest operating standards are implemented, developed and enhanced. The corner stone of this position concentrates on strong leadership through implementation and development of process & procedure in line with ISO45001:2018. You will have previous experience working in explosive environments (gas).
- Experience of managing and implementing systems is essential
- NEBOSH Certificate Level or equivalent ideally Diploma or NVQ 5
- Testing / Scientific Laboratory background advantageous
- Good knowledge of Machinery Safety and CE Marking / Engineering
- Professional Body Membership IOSH, IIRSM, CIEH or equivalent
- A proven track record in people management & employee development
- Experience in writing task specific risk assessments
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organisational qualities