Locomotive Engineer - Field Service Engineer (Peterborough)
£30,000 - £32,000 per annum (12.5% shift allowance + van)
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the most successful companies in their sector? We have a need for Diesel Locomotive Engineers around Tonbridge.
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise, the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a Field Service Engineer working on the class 66 locomotive.
Peterborough & surrounding
Peterborough, Felixstowe, Cambridge, North London, Northampton.
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position
- Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet people with ease and confidence, understanding and accommodating the needs of the customer.
- Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organization
- Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and able to adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales.
- Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
- Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
- Personal Track Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
- Driving license
Possible job titles
Field Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Locomotive Engineer, Locomotive Technician, Diesel Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000