Locomotive Fitter (Stoke on Trent)
Stoke on Trent
£25800 - £27950 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the most successful companies in their sector? We have a need for Locomotive Fitters in Stoke-On-Trent.
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a fitter working on the modernisation on the class 56 locomotive.
Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Stafford, Shrewsbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Service overhaul and modification of locomotives
- Assist production work as and when required
- To work effectively and with a sense of urgency supporting others in the team.
- Responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to identify whether self, others or the organisation are achieving their objectives and also, any variances there may be in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Search out errors, rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken. ·
- Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
- Communicate effectively and through example and expertise create a participative and involved atmosphere.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
- Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic.
- English and Math’s at GCSE, or equivalent, desirable.
- Higher or Advanced Diploma or equivalent.
- Hold relevant City and Guilds, Awarding Body Consortium (ABC), EMTA Awards Ltd, SVQs, Technical Certificates or equivalent.
Possible job titles
Fitter, Vehicle Builder, Technician, Engineer
- Stoke on Trent
- £25,000 - £35,000