Locomotive Technician (Scunthorpe)
£27,000 - £30,000 per annum (12.5% shift uplift)
Are you a qualified Locomotive Technician looking to work for one of the most successful companies in the rolling stock sector?! One of our major partners have numerous permanent positions working on class 56 and class 66 locomotives. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who wants to expand or continue their career in the versatile and exciting rolling stock industry.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a technician working on the class 66 and 56 locomotives.
Lincoln, Doncaster, Hull, Scunthorpe
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- Effectively use SAP system to ensure parts availability
- Contribute to staff training for the Company and its customers as required
- Work with the Business Development team to identify new business opportunities and to maintain existing customer satisfaction
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position in a heavy industrial environment.
- Proven track record of working effectively with Electrical engineering technology, associated systems and controls;
- Knowledge of both AC/DC systems
- Knowledge of inverter drives and rectifiers
- Competent with Voltages ranging from 24v-400v
- Competent working with Polyphase
- Familiar with Company products
- PLC Knowledge beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet people with ease and confidence, understanding and accommodating the needs of the customer.
- Ability to self start and proactively deliver the service.
- Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organization
- Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and able to adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales.
- A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
- Understanding and mitigation of Risk
- Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
- Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
- Driving license
- Fork Lift License
Possible job titles
Locomotive Technician, Locomotive Engineer, Rolling Stock Technician, Rolling Stock Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000