Locomotive Technician (Stoke-on-Trent)
£29,000 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the most successful companies in their sector? We have a need for Locomotive Technicians in Stoke-On-Trent.
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a technician working on the class 66 and 56 locomotives.
Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Stafford, Shrewsbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements.
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position
- Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
- Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
- Personal Track Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
- Driving license
Possible job titles
Locomotive Engineer, Locomotive Technician, Rolling Stock Engineer, Rolling Stock technician
- £25,000 - £35,000