Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace Turbines (Derby)
£30 - £30 per hour
Ford & Stanley Interim – The Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer focusing on aerospace turbines to join a leading global Manufacturing company that have been supporting their customers in the UK and Worldwide for over 60 years.
This is an opportunity to work for a company who over the last 60 years have become the global leaders in their manufacturing field. This is a company that are forward thinking and are always looking at ways to expand their service offerings.
12 months +
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation of robust manufacturing systems and methods for producing world class Turbine commodities.
- To address and achieve stringent confirmation of all features and dimensions as per mandated in the original design intent.
- To study and factor various aspects of adjoining parts and its relation to the main part/product in subject during production/assembly.
- Formulating and evaluating manufacturing strategies both in-house and external supply chain through robust Gated frame work like Integrated Product and production Readiness (IPPR), Product and Production Acceptance Planning (PPAP).
- Ability to influence Turbine commodities strategies through capability acquisition, sourcing decisions with sound technical knowledge in manufacturing.
- Conduct and validate relevant Manufacturing capability assessment and Technical Oversight of special processes through Fixed Process Approval (FPA) and Fixed Process Documentation (FPD).
- Design and approve method of manufacture of Turbine commodities in achieving maximised Right First Time and eventually progress towards “Zero Defects”.
- Oversee process capability indices by employing various SPC techniques and sustenance through transformational predictive analytics.
- To successfully devise and implementable PFMEA and control plans in alignment to an existing or new DFMEA ensuring Design for Manufacture proactively.
- To successfully demonstrate and deliberate both technical and business concerns with all levels of management.
- Perform root cause analysis in the evaluation of solutions to address Non-conformance, Lead time/Takt time issues and safety of product & manufacturing environment.
- Should author/approve various Gold standard documents and standard operating procedures as part of quality management system.
- Expert knowledge on various Gas turbine manufacturing processes including specials process required to produce Turbine commodities.
- Hands on experience with new product introduction, process validation and quality improvement.
- Good understanding of inspection processes and quality control procedures with Practical knowledge of source or method change and classified parts control with assessment capabilities.
- Hands on experience in working alongside the Design department within concurrent engineering frame work.
- Ability to work in a team and to connect effectively with external and internal stakeholders globally.
- Fully conversant in reading and understanding Engineering & Manufacturing Drawings
- Sound knowledge interpreting the GD&T (standards ASME Y 14.5, JES 161)
- Sound knowledge in measurements system analysis (MSA)
- Expert in devising PFMEA and control plans ensuring successful implementation of Design for Manufacture.
- Hands on experience in using all types of measuring & testing equipment, both contact - non-contact, analogue & digital
- Able to support root cause analysis and implementation of problem solving techniques like 8D
- Working knowledge and experience of using QC tools and SPC analysis
- Hands on experience of working in CFTs to propose and implement manufacturing enhancements.
- Working knowledge on concessions, containment procedures and traceability techniques
- Sound knowledge and experience of working on FAIR, APQP, PPAP
- Awareness of aerospace requirements (AS9100, various ISO)