Mechanical Compressor Service Engineer (Newark)
£26,000 - £30,000
Would you like the opportunity to grow your career within an expanding firm in their sector? We have a need for Compressor Service Engineers in Newark.
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a Compressor Service Engineer
Mansfield, Nottingham, Lincoln, Newark
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned routine maintenance on a variety of compressors and compressed air systems, including but not limited to replacement filters and oil changes
- Carry out unscheduled callouts and fault-finding visits to customers
- Carry out planned work identified at previous services
- Carry out compressor and ancillary equipment installations including pipework
- Occasional working away from home with overnight stop outs.
- Report back to management on additional works required
- Suggest improvements to the customer’s system
Qualifications & Skills
- Good mechanical/engineering skills with basic electrical skills. (mechanical qualification ideal but not essential) • Good product knowledge of Atlas Copco equipment (ideal but not essential).
- Experience of Compair, Hydrovane, HPC and Ingersoll Rand machines would be an advantage
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Fault finding skills
- A will to learn new disciplines and adapt to market forces
Possible job titles
Compressor Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical technician
- £25,000 - £35,000