Mechanical Fitter - Locomotives (Stoke-on-Trent)
£26,000 - £28,000 per annum
Are you a qualified mechanical fitter looking to work for one of the most successful companies in the rolling stock sector?! One of our major partners have numerous permanent positions working on class 56 and class 66 locomotives. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who wants to expand or continue their career in the versatile and exciting rolling stock industry.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a fitter working on the class 66 and 56 locomotives.
Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Stafford, Shrewsbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Service overhaul and modification of locomotives
- Assist production work as and when required
- To work effectively and with a sense of urgency supporting others in the team.
- Responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to identify whether self, others or the organisation are achieving their objectives and also, any variances there may be in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
- Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
- Search out errors, rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken. ·
- Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
- Communicate effectively and through example and expertise create a participative and involved atmosphere.
- Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
- Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic.
- English and Math's at GCSE, or equivalent, desirable.
- Higher or Advanced Diploma or equivalent.
- Hold relevant City and Guilds, Awarding Body Consortium (ABC), EMTA Awards Ltd, SVQs, Technical Certificates or equivalent.
Possible job titles
Fitter, Vehicle Builder, Technician, Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000