Mechanical Fitter (Romford)
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Maintenance Fitter who is looking for the chance to work for a recognized pioneer in providing maintenance and equipment for the railroad industry?
We have a fantastic opportunity in the Romford area for an experienced Maintenance Fitter who has experience in working in the automotive, Plant or Agriculture industries, looking to take a step in the rail industry.
We at Ford & Stanley - the technical recruitment specialists are currently seeking to speak to Maintenance Fitters around the Romford area, who will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs on a variety of Railroad Maintenance equipment.
Your New Organisation
You will have the opportunity to work for a company who are a leading company in the transportation industry offering exceptional capabilities and expertise.
You will have a wonderful opportunity to become part of an organisation that has been operating within the rail industry for many years and believe in providing a leading service.
Your New Opportunity
This role would suit somebody who has several year’s experience working as Maintenance Fitter who has an excellent understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Night shifts 22:00 – 6:00 pm
Your key responsibilities
- Report any defects found on the machines & carry out repairs within required competency levels for the role
- Undertake maintenance activities in accordance with the vehicle maintenance instructions
- Manage VMI schedules and machine repairs using Network Rails Fleet Asset Management Systems
- Assist support technicians with any required tasks
- Carry out planned maintenance duties in line with company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Ensure the working environment is maintained
- Inform managers of any issues/problems in a timely manner, which are outside your remit of control
- Operate machine equipment on-site as required by the planned work
- Liaise with customers and contractors when required
- Ensure all machine defects are reported and rectified
- Manage machine stock levels
Yourself, what do you need to succeed?
You will have at least 2 year’s experience working as Mechanical Fitter
At least qualified to an NVQ Level 2 in Mechanical or Electrical or in Maintenance engineering.
IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft Systems.
Job ref: GH5209
- £35,000 - £45,000