£30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the most successful and growing companies in their sector? We have a need for a Metallurgist in Burton-On-Trent.
Ford & Stanley Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a Metallurgist who can use a variety of techniques on a range of different materials.
Burton, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester
Role and Responsibilities
- Liaising with clients to determine design requirements
- providing technical advice about the suitability of metals for different purposes
- making recommendations and advising about product feasibility
- undertaking new product research
- creating precise designs for components
- developing prototypes and innovative solutions to problems
- investigating corrosion and metal failure/fatigue
- liaising with and supervising engineering and technical staff
- ensuring adherence to manufacturing quality standards
- overseeing operational quality control processes
- using specialist computer applications
- carrying out laboratory-based analysis of samples
- using both destructive and non-destructive techniques to test composition
- developing new test and repair processes
- investigating production problems
- Industrial metallurgical back ground from metal processing, fabrication or a commercial laboratory.
- 5 years plus experience.
- Good knowledge/understating of the metallurgy Carbon manganese steels, stainless steels and aluminium alloys.
- Experience in metallurgical failure analysis,
- Good understanding of metal testing techniques E.g.; tensile testing chemical analysis etc.
- Understating of material specifications E.g. to British and European and USA standards
- Knowledge of welding process and metallurgy and advantage.
- Basic understanding of common NDT methods.
- Appreciation of design concepts.
- Self-reliant and commercially aware,
- Good communication skills both interpersonal and written.
Formal qualifications ideally a Degree in Metallurgy /Materials Engineering, but min HNC/HND level.
Possible job titles
Metallurgist, Corrosion Engineer, Electrometallurgical engineer, Foundry Engineer
- £35,000 - £45,000