Project Engineer (Alfreton)
£31,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Project Engineer looking for an opportunity to further their career? One of our partners have a position for a engineer working on a range of internal projects inside a large manufacturing plant.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of Project Engineer to help oversee a variety of different projects including roofing, flooring, extension and new machinery purchase and installation.
Mansfield , Derby, Matlock, Somercotes, Alfreton
Role and Responsibilities
- To plan, introduce & implement projects within the Somercotes site. To specify and deliver project based solutions from initial concept through to completion including assessment, contractor supervision and handover.
- To ensure new equipment and systems data are fully available to the Maintenance department.
- To keep the technical drawings up to date. These include equipment, services and buildings.
- To manage a register of approved contractors.
- To manage the equipment asset register.
- To stand in for the Project Engineering Manager as required.
- To provide project support to the Herentals and Valls sites as required.
- Able to work from a project brief.
- Manages projects from concept to handover.
- Works within budget to the requirements of the project.
- Liaises with suppliers to obtain quotes/details relative to the project.
- Liaises with the site team to get buy in and manage the equipment introduction.
- Keeps up to date with new technologies / processes and briefs the business on these.
- Needs to be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD (LT version) for the equipment and site drawings and able to produce P&IDs.
- Manages external contractors/suppliers and keeps an annual register of contactors and their insurance documents.
- For new equipment being introduced to the site: to provide the manuals, drawings, critical spare parts listing, lubricants and a planned maintenance program via the suppliers.
- Prepares EA’s and Capex proposals for project approval.
- Manages internal project engineering processes and systems (i.e. weekly reports, the PIT tool, BPC, purchase orders and project budget spend).
- Attend meetings with both internal and external parties.
Possible job titles
Project Engineer, Project Deliver Engineer
- £25,000 - £35,000