Project Procurement Lead (Stoke-on-Trent)
£40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you an experienced in project procurement and looking to work for one of the most successful companies in the rolling stock sector?! One of our major partners have an opportunity for a project procurement lead. This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who wants to expand or continue their career in the versatile and exciting rolling stock industry.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of a Project Procurement Lead working on the modernisation of diesel locomotives.
Stafford, Stoke, Crewe, Newcastle Under Lyme
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for sourcing and procurement of material for large scale locomotive modification programmes. This position develops and administers the supply chain for the locomotive build and for subsequent fleet maintenance requirements. This position works closely with the Quality Assurance and Engineering to locate and develop relationships with vendors who are capable of complying with project requirements. This position is responsible for negotiating pricing and terms and in conjunction with the Contracts & Procurement team, will assist in the implementation of procurement contracts. This position works with project management and finance to develop the procurement plan considering both project schedule and inventory cost concerns. This position provides timely reporting on procurement status and risks to the project. The role undertakes Purchase Order processing and actively works with expediting of material where needed.
- Develop the project supply chain, finding and developing vendors where needed, to meet the needs of the locomotive build and subsequent maintenance programmes.
- Take ownership of material delivery requirements and cost goals.
- Participate in activities on the shop floor to drive timely resolution to issues with vendor-supplied material.
- Expedite material when appropriate to meet schedule.
- Assist in the Preparation and administration of project procurement contracts to meet project requirements and maintain in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that contracts and agreements are formally reviewed with US legal services and that any potential risk areas are notified to the Contracts & Procurement Manager.
- Develop and issue reports relating to material supply for the project, highlighting risks and issues.
- Work closely with the project team to mitigate supply chain risks and problems, and to develop contingency plans and sources.
- Deliver the job requirements in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Attend training courses where relevant to your job description.
- Perform any other duties associated within the Contracts & Procurement Department or for the common good of the Company as may be required from time to time.
- Work as an integral part of the project team including production, engineering, and quality staff.
- Ability to evaluate supplier capability for safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Ability to interface with engineering and quality assurance with an understanding of the locomotive design and function.
- Relevant experience gained in commercial and rail component procurement.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a business support role.
- Ability to work for long periods on detailed documents with excellent attention to details.
- Ability to maintain records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to resolve conflict
- To offer technical expertise to the rest of the Contracts & Procurement team members.
- Evaluate and reduce commercial and technical risk.
- Develop and comply with the business policy, systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organisation and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives of all projects.
- Experience with complex fabrication and assembly projects or with logistics/procurement for production programmes
- CIPS is required
- Demonstrated track record of negotiating contracts and terms
- Experience with contracts and commercial documents.
Possible job titles
Buyer, Supply Chain Management, Procurement Lead, Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer
- £45,000 +