Rail Plant Fitter (Folkestone)
£25 - £33 per hour
Rail Plant Fitter – Folkestone, Kent - Main rail contractor -initial minimum 8 Month contract possible perm – £25 - £33 dependent on shift (LTD/Umbrella) – Great opportunity for right candidate
Are you a skilled mechanical fitter with plant and rail experience?
Are you seeking a prestigious project to be part of?
Are you keen to earn good money while putting foundations down into a great main rail contractor?
Talentwise at Ford & Stanley - The technical recruitment specialist is currently looking to speak to Mechanical fitters/maintainers looking for their next contract, with experience working in a rail/plant Environment
If this is you, we need to speak to you...
Your New Organisation
You will have a fantastic opportunity to work for a main rail contractor on a new and prestigious contract working on the Channel tunnel.
You will be initially on a minimum of an 8 month project with potential contract extensions for this project but a real opportunity for permanent work in the rial plant division.
Your New Opportunity
You will have the opportunity to work on a prestigious project on the tunnel for a main rail plant contractor – the opportunity for the right person is an 8 month contract with the possibility of going permanent for the right candidate, giving you an ideal opportunity to enhance your career
You will be working on maintaining various plant machinery/wagons:
- Plant wagons installing Brackets to house cabling
- Plant wagons for monorail
- Plant wagons for pulling cabling down the tunnels
- You will be responsible for making sure all work is carried out to the highest standard and to the standards set by the organisation.
- Basic mechanical fitting experience required (electrical skills desirable)
- Stoneblower/rail plant/yellow plant experience desirable
- Experience on Claytons equipment is desirable
- No formal qualifications required but NVQ Level 2 or 3 in a relevant subject preferable.
- On the job training provided
- Rail/tankers/wagon experience desirable
- PPE provided
- CTC training provided
- Drug and alcohol test required initially and random checking in operation
- Home office clearance required – Home online submission
- This vacancy is an immediate requirement and immediate start is available for the right candidate - please note this role is to be paid weekly through an umbrella company only.
Likely job titles: Mechanical fitter, electrical fitter, dual fitter, rail fitter, rolling stock fitter