Retail Systems Configuration Manager (London)
£25,000 - £55,000 per annum
Are you an excellent team player with a great understanding of configuring Retail Systems? Looking to join an award winning rail business that is looking to launch there highly regarded retail ticketing system into the UK market?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are looking for a Commercial Systems Configuration Manager for their client based in London. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, as you will be liasing with different departments across the business, and most importantly - you will have excellent knowledge and experience of configuring retail systems.
As the Configuration Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the right configuration of commercial and retail prcing/promotions and rules/terms and conditions using the bespoke rule management engine and configuration tools of the Retail Platform. Specific examples include refund rules for a specific tariff or allowed operations – sale, refund, etc. - for a specific user.
This role is not purely one of IT coding/ expertise. The successful candidate will need to be able to understand/ prioritise requested changes with Senior Stakeholders in the business, reflecting business priorities and revenue opportunities/ legal requirements.
The role will also include
- Administration: hands on data entry into Retailing Platform
- Authority on testing and Quality Assurance sign off for change into Retailing Platform
- Actively operate within Incident management processes when required
- Perform Data Protection Impact Analysis, when required as part of c2c GDPR compliance regime
- Key link with Digital, Delivery and Commercial teams to provide Management Information reporting from the Retail Platform
- Extract data and reporting as required from Retail Platform
Knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Experience in system/application configuration via GUI interface
- Knowledge of relational data dependencies and configuration of rules based engine
- Good knowledge of database structures and hierarchical data structures (excel or access)
- Energetic and motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong organisational and process management skills combined with an ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing, ability to build excellent working relationships with stakeholders and with dispersed teams
- £25,000 - £35,000