Rolling Stock Engineer (Stoke-on-Trent)
£28,000 - £29,000 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to work for one of the most successful companies in the rolling stock sector? We have a need for Rolling stock Technicians in Stoke-On-Trent.
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the technical recruitment experts are aiding the recruitment of an experience Technician or Engineer with previous rolling stock background to take responsibility of fleet reliability and deliver engineering services to make sure all targets are met for their customer.
You will have the opportunity to be an integral member of our clients innovative engineering team, who provide a full range of products to domestic and international railroad customers. They delve in locomotives, transits, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology. You can be part of a vibrant, global network of business operations through a network of 150 locations around the world.
Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Stafford, Shrewsbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
- Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
- Take the lead role in progressing specific technical engineering issues as directed by line manager, providing guidance to other engineers as necessary
- To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements.
- Relevant experience gained in a similar position
- Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
- Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
- Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safet
- Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
- Personal Track Safety
- Emergency First Aid
- Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
- Driving license
Possible job titles
Locomotive Engineer, Locomotive Technician, Rolling Stock Engineer, Rolling Stock technician
- £25,000 - £35,000