Roster Assistant (North Yorkshire)
£12 - £13.5 per hour
Ford and Stanley- The Rail Recruitment Experts are seeking a Roster Assistant for one of the UK’s leading train operating companies.
This is an ideal opportunity to support a leading train operating company who have a diverse portfolio of train and bus operating companies in the UK and Europe. This will be an intiial 3 month contract role with the chance to go permanent beyond this point.
The ideal candidate will have a background in HR/Rostering with excellent communication and organisational skills. Due to the urgency of the position you will be available immediately.
Role & responsibilities
- Production and communication of Daily and Weekly rosters in line with agreed timescales.
- Ensure all rostering is in line with safety requirements, GC rostering principles and traincrew conditions of service.
- Work to cover vacant turns using all available avenues, up to 1600 the day previous, and support Operations Control / GC Managers in covering other short-notice absence as required.
- Ensure effective liaison and communication between all relevant parties (e.g. GC Management Team, Operations Control, Traincrew, Staff Representatives etc.).
- Highlight any critical resource shortfalls and assist the GC management team in implementing contingency arrangements as appropriate.
- Maintain robust absence and annual leave records to communicate with other relevant parties within the business.
- Assist Finance Team in clarifying any payroll queries for traincrew.
- Arrange hotel accommodation for traincrew for pre-planned lodge turns.
- Maintain traincrew route knowledge records based on information provided by the Roster & Operations Support Manager.
- Book additional traincrew taxis as required.
- Manage the release of traincrew for leave, training, meetings and other requirements, ensuring coverage of vacant turns of duty is also arranged.
- Liaise with the relevant members of the Train Planning team regarding forthcoming engineering works, providing support and guidance on potential traincrew impacts of amended workings.
- Ensure relevant systems are updated with amended or additional diagrams as a result of engineering work or special events.
- Oversee completion and input of link changes at each timetable change or as otherwise required.
- Production and dissemination of relevant KPI and other traincrew resource utilisation data for other areas of the business, supporting business case development etc.
- Support the Roster & Operations Support Manager and deputise for them during times of absence and/or leave.
- Knowledge and understanding of traincrew link structures and rostering arrangements applicable to Grand Central traincrew.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with staff at all levels of the business.
- Ability to work well under pressure, making balanced decisions whilst also able to prioritise effectively.
- High level of IT skills, able to work proficiently with MS Office, as well as ability to learn to work with a range of role-specific systems (CrewPlan, Linx, MPT etc.)
- North Yorkshire