Senior Electrical Technician (London)
South West London
! Attention Ex Forces leavers !
We are looking to talk to high level electronics/electrical technicians for a long term permanent or contract opportunity to work on a brand-new fleet of trains in London.
This is a great opportunity to utilise your military background and the skills that you have learnt in an industry that offers long term opportunities and development and a career for life.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide train systems engineering advice for the vehicle as a whole and for the key vehicle systems (such as TCMS - train control system, HVAC, propulsion, brakes, doors, on-train communications etc.)
- Optimisation of the maintenance on trains as per defined balanced examination schedules
- Helping customer with detailed fault finding and diagnostics
- Produce solutions that provide short term mitigation and long-term resolution
- Monitoring of warranty issues and liaising with supplier technical teams
- Attending to faulty trains in service, component replacements and modification work
- Assisting operator in updating of maintenance instructions, overhaul instruction, processes & procedures to optimize maintenance and liaise with Bombardier Technical Publications and Central Engineering teams where required
- Monitoring trains reliability & availability performance and issuing monthly performance reports
- Download train data from onboard train data recorders using laptops
- Run diagnostics software to identify faults with various train systems i.e. hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, train management systems & on-board computers.
- Engineering support for all safety related incidents (NIRs), including representing the Customer with respect to access to Design Authority and equipment OEM’s and the production of affirmative closing actions
Candidate skills required
- Minimum qualification required – NVQ Level 3 in an electrical discipline.
- Use of Laptop’s and diagnostic tools to determine faults
- Ability to work from maintenance manuals and schematics
- Experience of Mechanical or Electrical fault finding
- Experience of Mechanical or Electrical repairs
- Troubleshooting and evidence gathering.