Service Engineer - Locomotives (Gillingham)
£40,000 - £42,000 per annum
Would you like the opportunity to work within the exciting rolling stock industry? We have a need for Service Engineers in Gillingham
Ford & Stanley – Talentwise the Technical Recruitment Experts are aiding the recruitment Service Engineers who will be working on locomotive maintenance & repair.
Dartford, Maidstone, Canterbury
Role and Responsibilities
- Primary defect repairs to in service units, including defect troubleshooting
- Defect diagnosis
- Work scope adherence and defect rectification
- You will also assist with re-railing activities and liaise with external stakeholders in all duties where necessary.
- You will carry out all engineering activities, including exams, defect rectification, modifications, and time based maintenance packages and repair
- Experienced in an engineering discipline (skilled mechanical and/or electrical work).
- NVQ 3 in engineering maintenance, electrical, mechanical or equivalent
- Hold a Technical Certificate in Engineering BTEC
- Have intermediate IT skills and able to interpret data
- Able to carry out first level fault finding and follow schematics and diagrams
- Physically fit and able to pass a medical to engineering standard.
- Previous rolling stock maintenance experience desirable
Possible job titles
Locomotive Engineer, Rolling Stock Engineer Plant Engineer, Plant Mechanic, Heavy plant technician, bus mechanic, HGV mechanic, bus engineer, HGV engineer, Service Engineer
- £35,000 - £45,000