£38,000 per annum
Rail Shunter – Wembley or Tilbury – Permanent - £38,000 per year + Overtime
- Must have previous shunting experience in a freight environment
- Must have Network rail approved competencies (evidenced)
- Must have a Driving Licence and be able to pass a DBS check
- Are you looking for the next step on the career ladder?
Are you an experienced Shunter person?
Talentwise at Ford & Stanley - The technical recruitment specialist is currently looking to speak to Rail Shunters looking for their next step on their career ladder, with experience in a safety critical environment.
If this is you, we need to speak to you...
Your new organisation
You will have a fantastic opportunity to work with a rail company in the London area
- You will have the opportunity to join a rail freight organisation carrying out all shunting duties required
- You will be responsible for maintaining safety in a safety critical environment and experience of this is essential.
- You will be working on nights in a busy depot between the hours of 10.00pm and 08.00am with the hours being 40 hour a week minimum.
You will be responsible for
- Ensuring the movement of trains or vehicles are carried out in a safe, punctual and economical manner in accordance with the rules and regulations currently in force
- Ensure a quality shunting and train preparation service for the company and its customers, whilst maintaining laid down company standards of competency
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly as per laid down procedure
You will be experienced in a rail freight depot environment and have network rail approved competencies, which you must be able to evidence.
You will have or will be trained to PTS standard
- You must have at least 12 months experience in a similar role.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol checks and medicals required for this position.
Likely job titles
Shunter, Designated person, driver/shunter, controller, rail shunter
- £35,000 - £45,000