Site Manager (Liverpool)
£300 - £400 per day
Are you an experienced Site Manager who can be the go to person for planning and implementing works on a large rail site for a £23 million telecoms project?
Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Site Manager to join an established business who have recently won a piece of work to support a large Rail project in Merseyside. In order to fulfil this work, they need to take on a Site Manager from a Civil, Radio Frequency or Telecoms background who holds a current and valid PTS card.
Initial 6-month contract with a potential to extend
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to legislative and company procedures
- Be the effective interface between PM’s, Engineering, procurement and site teams to resolve any on-site anomalies and installation process issues.
- Be an active member of the project teams to which assigned identifying safe and cost-effective methods of working.
- Perform on-site quality checks, product and system.
- Integrate Centre material checks before collection for compatibility, fit for purpose and SOW’s acceptability.
- Supervise and brief engineers on assigned projects working with the PM’s once resource has been allocated.
- Produce site progress reports and investigation reports as appropriate.
- Advise resource manager on telecoms and electrical competent staff including any training requirements.
- Facilitate any internal and external on-site visits as required.
- Ensure compliance to Health, safety and environment procedures and regulations to ensure construction phases are safe and in compliance with client and regulatory requirements.
- Rapidly respond to any onsite problems, equipment shortages or investigations.
- Adhere to the life- saving rules.
- Keep teams motivated and focused on quality delivery to help achieve client satisfaction and good morale.
- Relevant technical further education qualifications. (Fibre, Civils, Electrical, Telecoms)5 years plus relevant experience Site based construction works on the Network Rail Infrastructure.
- Proficient understanding and know how in HR processes
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective utilization of recognized planning, analytical or conceptual principles and techniques
- Understanding and applying principles of effective project management
- Understands impact of legislation and law regulations relevant to the function
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office software package (excellent Excel)