Solution Developer (MS Azure) (Derby)
Are you a Developer, with at least 4 years’ experience with Microsoft Azure, who is either interested in getting into contracting or is looking for a new contract?
Ford & Stanley Interim are working with one of the UK’s most interesting engineering services business who offer contractors long term security across multiple clients and industries, providing variety, ongoing professional relationships and engineering challenges.
- With a business model that is going to challenge traditional UK Engineering consultancies, my client offers engineering support to its customers which places priority on having local based experts who can represent their organisation in a positive way, ensuring that their integrity and capability is always held in high regard.
- Functional Data Management is a project principally about storing engineering data that a customer generates as it develops products (e.g. from tests or from simulations) in the cloud and providing access to this data to engineers via the web or client applications.
- This particular contract is going to be an initial 6-month contract working in the aerospace sector and is highly likely to roll over for a minimum 12-month period but should extend beyond that.
Key responsibilities include
- Develop prototype applications, configure components on the Microsoft Azure stack and productionise the solutions identified so that they can deliver beta services to customers and work with other teams in order to transition these solutions into full service.
- Work as part of a team that is developing ideas and concepts into solutions for our customers. You will be responsible for the rapid development of applications as part of these solutions
- Design, create, maintain, test and implement the source code and related artefacts that makes up the Azure solutions in Agile/DevOps environment
- Trial new approaches, new techniques, new technologies, and assess the impact of the latest technology trends
Qualifications / Skills
- Ability to interpret complex business requirements, translating them into analytical problems and delivering solutions to these through configuring applications on the MS Azure stack
- Degree in Mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in configuration, scaling and optimising the following back-end technologies is highly desirable - Kubernetes, Docker and API management
- Experience in securing internet facing services or APIs – e.g. Oauth2, Virtual network configuration, JWT, restricting IP endpoint visibility, role-based or location-based access control
- Proficiency in Java and C# is advantageous on the basis that the team is migrating from a C# based solution to one primarily using Java
- An Azure application development background and experience in software continuous delivery including fully automated deployments and in use of scripting and automation tools such as PowerShell, Azure ARM templates is desirable
- Experience of working in an Agile and DevOps environment, within a self-organising team. Scrum master experience is desirable