Stores person (Newport)
£13.50 - £14.03 per hour
Experienced Stores Person - Newport - £14.03 per hour Ltd for standard 40 hours
Must have full UK driving licence
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity as a Store Person?
We have a fantastic opportunity in the Newport area for someone who likes getting their hands dirty and wants to progress their career. If you are an experienced stores person and would like to get into the rail industry, then we want to speak to you.
Ford & Stanley - Talentwise the technical recruitment specialists are currently seeking to speak to experience stores people who are looking to get into the rail sector.
Your new organisation
You will have the opportunity to work as a Stores person for an international market leader in design, manufacture and maintenance and supply of equipment and components for rail systems.
You will have a wonderful opportunity to become part of an organisation that has been operating within the UK rail industry for over 10 years and believe in investing in its employees for the future.
Your new opportunity
You will have a fantastic opportunity to utilise your knowledge of operating your skills in a stores environment and transfer those skills into the rail industry.
You will be working as the Stores person responsible for carrying out forklift truck driving duties to assist with the movement of goods across the site, checking and storing goods received from suppliers, and dispatching customer orders
Newport, South Wales, Cardiff, Swansea
Your key responsibilities
- Loading and unloading deliveries
- Managing the movement of materials across the site
- Update computer and manual systems to ensure accurate stock levels
- Use forklift trucks and overhead cranes to get materials distributed to in accordance with timescales and schedules
What do you need to succeed?
You will have experience of running a stores department in an engineering/mechanical environment
You will have good attention to detail and be able to learn new skills.
You will need to have the following
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Up to date Forklift licence
- Have previous experience in a similar role
- Minimum NVQ level 1 in a related field e.g. warehouse and storage
- You must be able to follow verbal / written instructions
- Must have strong IT skills
Likely Job titles
Stores Person, Stores, Warehouse, logistics, goods in