Train Rider (Leicestershire)
£23 per hour
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity either as a Mechanical/Electrical technician, better yet – are you dual badged within both technical disciplines?
Talentwise – The specialist trade & technical arm of Ford & Stanley, are currently seeking to speak to talented fitter, who would like to get involved on long term bespoke rolling stock projects.
You will have the opportunity to work as a Mechanical / electrical / dual skilled technical rider for a business renowned for maintenance / refurbishment of Locomotives.
Working to train ride various locomotive fleets that have being refurbished. You will receive training on these vehicles in addition to having the option to diversify your engineering expertise/knowledge.
Role and Responsibilities
- Active and reactive maintenance of Locomotives
- Train riding different Locomotives within rail yard and while the locomotives are carrying out dynamic testing
- Ensuring life extension of fleet locomotives ……. RAMS
- Must have mechanical and/or electrical knowledge.
- Good understanding of general Health and Safety.
- Good understanding PPE and their proper use.
- Formal technical/ engineering background and qualifications
- Full driving license
- Organisation and communication skills
- Team working
- Broad knowledge and experience of rolling stock
- Setting high standards and taking pride in the work delivered.
- Capable of taking ownership and responsibility
- Flexible approach to working hours
- No formal qualifications
- Rail industry experience preferable
- NVQ level 2 or 3
Train Maintainer, Train Rider, Train Rider Engineer, Rolling Stock Rider Engineer, Technical Support.